Our program is available year-round, so you are welcome to register at any time.
Enrollment Instructions / Instrucciones de inscripción
How it works
Step 1: Webinar on Autism and Communication Instruction
Attend a free online webinar on ways to improve the communication skills of children and adolescents on the autism spectrum. Service providers may also attend this webinar.
Steps to complete:
- Register today.
- Parents – choose the PREP Parent course. Educators – Choose the PREP course (on the left)
- Fill out the registration information (enter “n/a” or “none” for fields that don’t apply to parents).
- Confirm your email address (look for an email from Canvas Catalog) and set up your password.
- After logging in, complete the Parent Background Information Survey.
- To continue to the Coach to Communicate webinar, scroll to the bottom of the page and click next. The webinar should take 30-45 minutes.
To access the webinar in Spanish, choose the Entrenar para Comunicar link after completing the Parent Background Information.
Step 2: Intensive Parent Coaching
Parents interested in additional training can be paired with an online coach for individual sessions to learn to teach social communication skills to their children – for free!
The steps to complete this are as follows:
- “After completing the webinar, you will have access to the parent training consent and application form.
- Once we receive your application, you will receive an email from our assessment coordinator. If you do not receive this email within a few days, please email us.
- She will ask you to complete a couple of assessments, which will give us information about your child and their communication needs, to help us set up the most effective treatment plan for you and your child.
- After receiving your assessments, your parent coach will reach out to you to set up a weekly meeting schedule that best fits your availability.